Great news for embedded devices developers.
Eclipse has recently released the embedded Rich Client Platform (eRCP) 1.0.
eRCP is for J2ME what RCP is for the desktop, and includes among other things
- Eclipse Core which provides OSGI and Extension Point Framework support
- a version of SWT called embedded Standard Widget Toolkit (eSWT)
- eJFace a set of classes which enable eRCP applications to integrate with an eRCP workbench, and provide more complex widgets like MVC oriented viewers
- eUpdate for dynamically updating device software
- and microXML a smaller, faster XML parser supporting SAX and DOM API
eRCP currently support Windows Mobile 2003/5.0, Symbian S60/S80, and QT embedded devices.